3.28.2011

If you can't buy it...build it!

This idea has been floating around in my head for a long time...I don't know why I waited so long because it literally took about an hour to make.

As you probably know, I consider myself a "bottle baby". No, not this kind:




This kind:



I do about 95% of my cookie decorating with these bottles...same consistency for both piping and flooding. You could probably call me lazy, but I like to think of it as "creative genius"...not only is this faster it is a lot less mess and therefore less cleanup! Who doesn't appreciate that, right?

Anyhoo, to keep the pace moving it is extremely important that your icing is always at the "top" of the bottle (which when icing, is on the bottom...clear as mud?) To do that I usually have several drinking glasses that hold a damp paper towel (to keep the tip for clogging) lined up on my counter...not cool and definitely more cleanup when done decorating!

I wanted something that would hold all of my bottles, neatly in a row, upside down so that the icing was always ready to "flow". Couldn't buy such a thing so I decided to build my own. I went to Lowe's and purchased one single piece of wood for about $2.50 (it measured about 3 1/2 inches x 26 inches). I cut two pieces off to make the "legs" and drilled holes the perfect size to fit my bottles (about 2 1/2 inches apart). I made mine to hold 8 bottles...I RARELY use more than that when decorating, but you could definitely drill more holes if you wanted. I use a clean damp towel rolled up below it to keep my tips from drying out. Mine is painted black because I already had the paint and was anxious to get it done. VOILA!



Whatch'a think?

I just started working on Easter cookies and have a fun "Princess themed" birthday order coming up later this week! I also have a cute ABC Project that I will be starting soon as well!

See ya soon...happy baking~






There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

5 comments:

beckybiscuit said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW! That is soooo cool! you are a genius :)

Mima said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are gorgeous! What a great idea! Your recent follower :O)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ok terr,now i need one of those!!
why didn't you make that while i was there???? now i have to get jim to make me one, so i ;can give up my egg carton. thats what i've been using. but i have to say your s is so much cooler looking.
love bubs

LilaLoa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I bet its SO much more fun to decorate now! (Like any of us need another "excuse" to make cookies!) I love it!

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Genius I tell ya! GENIUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails