6.27.2011

It's pretty sad when...

you can't even come up with a blog title for your post.  I don't have any exciting news to share...other than the fact that the kids came over to swim on Saturday, which is always fun to watch...my whole weekend was really not even blog worthy! 

Back when the rest of the country was experiencing horrible tornado's, I promised myself that after all that they went through I was not going to complain when our summer temperatures reached ungodly numbers...I am seriously biting my tongue right now!  The low temperature this week, 110...the high 115...'nuff said!

I went on a short shopping trip with Kelli yesterday and came home with two more pairs of sandals to add to my arsenal...a pair of red, that I am pretty sure I have nothing to match (she convinced me they would be cute with black/white or navy...I think she just wants to be able to borrow them!).  A quick trip into Targ's and I found a cute little pair of flip flops on clearance for $10...who can pass up that deal!?  They came in every color imaginable and I wanted them all (including the red), but I used common sense and stopped at one pair of "pewter"!

The extremely hot temps make it impossible to paint anything so all those projects are on hold right now.  We even bought a new air compressor that I will be able to attach a paint sprayer to...sadly it will probably have to wait till fall now!  I am extremely close to finishing the little table and chair set that I bought for Thomas and Taylor...I may have to at least get that done!

Thankfully air conditioning makes it possible to still make cookies...I am not sure what I would do if that weren't possible...I would probably have to spend time in my craft room!  Anyhoo, I had two fun orders last week.

A little girl's birthday: 



And cookies for a baby shower:



Thanks so much to Deena and Shauna...hope everyone enjoyed the cookies!

Working on some 4th of July cookies now...be sure to stop back by and check them out!  Till then...Happy Baking!



There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hear ya on the boring life, GF. Mine is just about as exciting as yours - actually, I think yours IS more exciting than mine, for sure! LOL I got nothin' . . . nothin' I tell ya! And ummmmm . . . would it KILL you to go in your friggin' craft room, for crying out loud?!! Seriously!! What's it gonna take - am I going to have to show up at your house with all my crap in tow to get you in there?!! I mean, really?!! Love the cookies, by the way. Saw a pic of some ice cream cone cookies and was going to send it to you, but yours are WAYYYY cuter!! Miss you mOOcho!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my GOSH. I do not know how you stand that heat! yesterday it wasn't all that hot here, but it was so humid that I was miserable working outdoors! I couldn't wait to get in the shower and dunk my head under some cold water.
stay cool!
gail
ps love the cookies!

Christina @ Cookies are my Canvas said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the baby cookies!! I have a zebra/pink baby order next week!! I have sketched out a rattle very similar to yours! Love your onesie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails