8.16.2011

From "to-do"...to "ta-da"!

Okay, to say this project was a thorn in my side, would be putting it mildly! I have found that some most projects that you think are going to be a piece of cake...are NOT!  Case in point, this cute little chair that I brought home the other day.  Remember, it was a "steal" at $3.75, so looking at the big picture it was going to be a relatively cheap project no matter what.  Since I am not reselling this chair, I don't feel bad about what I spent...what I can say, is it should have been a whole lot cheaper!  Not only did my "oops" cost me 3 trips to Hobby Lobby, it also cost me extra $$.  Let's remember what the chair looked like when I brought it home:




I really wish I would have taken a close up picture of this fabric so that you could get the full affect!  I can't even picture this cute when it was brand new and minus all the dirt...these little pink elephants are borderline scary looking!  Anyhoo...as I already told you, I used a little Gorilla glue to tighten things up and then gave it a fresh coat of white paint.  When I originally dismantled the fabric pieces, I was careful so that I could use them as a pattern for the new fabric.  The back cushion was easy peasy...the rest, not so much.  I originally tried to make the seat exactly as they had, but when I could see that it wasn't going to happen, I went to Plan B.  I think by the time I finally finished, I was on at least Plan F!  Yes, it was a nightmare getting there, but I have to say, I am pretty pleased with the end result:


The sewing God's must have been with me because even the "pattern" on the fabric lined up, from the top cushion to the bottom cushion.   It appears that I used Damask so that it would match my craft room, but nope, not the case!  We did not want something too color specific since Melissa wants to take pictures using this chair.

I really can't even tell you what my final cost was on this little rocker because I made so many trips to the store...I can tell you that if I would have done it right the first time it should have cost me:


Chair:                     $3.75
Fabric:                   10.00
Paint:                       4.00
Ribbon                     1.00
Buttons                     1.50

Total                      $20.25

This post linked to:

Today's Creative Blog
My Repurposed Life
Miss Mustard Seed
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Primitive and Proper 


There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!


5 comments:

krickert said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We're coming down to AZ at the end of next month. Can we squeeze Gracie in for a photo shoot, Raymond? :)

gail said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Terri! this is so darn cute! :) You did a great job.
I hate to sew! I can't imagine sewing this.
Super cute!
gail

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Terri, Your chair turned out really pretty. What a change. I get the whole "plan F" thing.... it's happened to me many times.

Miss Charming said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a sweet little chair. You did a great job.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a cute little chair! i love the new fabric- updates it perfectly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails