11.14.2011

Cookies and a few more fun finds!

How about a few cookies first?  This order was for one dozen Circus Tents...I did not have a cutter so I had to handcut them.  It's easy, really...just find an image online and print it to the size you would like.  Some people will then trace the image on to some plastic (like a CoolWhip top), but since I am a gadget freak and I own a laminator, I just run the image through that and then cut it out.  Then you just lay the template on your rolled dough and cut it out with a sharp knife...easy peasy, right?  Let me just say...these cookies are HUGE...bigger than I planned really.


Thanks to Crystal, for letting me play a small part in your son's first birthday!

On Thursday I took my happy self to a sale that was supposed to be the closing of an Antique/Junk store.  A different company, that usually does Estate Sales, was overseeing the sale.  When walking in I was a little disappointed to find out that it was not really the first day of the sale...in fact it had been going on for a few weeks.  I figured all the good stuff had to be gone, but don't fret, I was still able to find a few treasures.

Most of the items were not even marked...the lady just said "make me an offer".  I found an old oak dining room table that I loved, but I had no idea what to offer because at this point, I didn't know what THEY were expecting.  Oh, and did I mention that I am an awful negotiator?  I told the lady I didn't have a clue and she said $50 and it's yours....SOLD!  I have been looking for a table to refinish for my own dining room, so this one is a keeper!  Sorry, no picture for this one because I have not picked it up yet...need to take my hubby back with the truck.

My next treasure were these bad boys:


How fun are they?  Okay, so you don't have have the vision?  They are supposed to go with these parts and make display stands...so for that reason alone, I had to buy them!


Now a creative person (like Gail, for instance) would find a million things to repurpose these for...me, I'm not so sure because they have those screws coming out on the ends and I have no idea how to get them out.  Sad, huh?  Anyhoo, I already have a plan for them...can you see it?  BTW, I offered $20 for all of them, I thought she was going to turn me down, but she caved!

Last, but not least...these two things:


Melissa wanted a lamp for her bedroom...this one was $5.  Spice rack...$3 and I have a plan for it as well...Pinterest inspired, of course!

That's it for me, hope you have a great day!






There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

4 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ahh those cookies are so beautiful!

Sonja said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your blog. I have been following for awhile. I think I may have stumbled upon it through 2Peas. I am local. Please post how you find where to go to these Estate Sales you always find. Thanks for your fun blog!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute cookies - amazing TREASURES!! You find the best CRAP!! LOL I can totally see those screens with your beautiful cards clipped onto the grid with cute decorated clothes pins. Right?! Ohhhhh, I just can't wait to see what you do with those and the spice rack!!

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gosh, you must have some kinda patience to cut each cook out. They came out so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails