1.11.2012

Finding inspiration...

...it's all over the www, and you don't have to search hard to find it! I have told you many times of my Pinterest obsession. I have tried a project or two, and more than one recipe...there have been "hits" and there have been definite "MISSES"! At Christmas I tried a few "bake, don't deep fry" recipes...hence the misses I am speaking of! I'm sorry, but there are some things that are meant to ooze both fat and calories. Just sayin'!

Okay, so back to the reason behind the post title.  I recently found these cute little owls on Pinterest the other day:


Photo from Pinterest

I thought they were so stinkin' cute, I decide to create my own version, which of course turned out nothing like these.  It didn't matter since I wasn't intending to "copy" them anyway, I was just looking for something to create that was a little different.  I have no idea what cutter was used, and I don't happen to have anything quite like it so I used what I had.  I had seen somewhere (also on the web) that someone had used an upside down tulip to make an owl, so that is what I did.  I cut off the middle "hump" and voila, an owl was born!  Just for fun I made some cute little frogs (also Internet inspired) to go with...made using a six-petal flower. 


Whatch'a think?  Kind of cute, huh?  We sometimes get stuck in a rut...if you are trying something new or just doing the same thing but want to try a "new" version, don't be afraid to look around a bit for new ideas, then make it your own!  To me, it would be the highest form of flattery if someone took one of my ideas for inspiration!

I had no reason to make these cookies, actually I was just plain bored and since I hadn't made any since before Christmas (gasp!)  I was sort of having "cookie creating" withdrawals!  A small box went out to one unsuspecting follower and the rest will go to my grandkids!

Till next time...happy baking!




There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Photobucket

4 comments:

CarrieF said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute!!! Love the pink and green!

I saw on Pinterest where someone was using Oreo cookies with one side taken off as eyes for owl cupcakes. I can't remember what they used for the beak, but they were really cute and looked easy. It almost looks like they stacked cookies to make the owl eyes on your inspiration cookie.

Melissa Moore said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those frogs are SO STINKIN' CUTE!! Maybe a new fav!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

terr, loved the frogs, they are too cute!!!!

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Positively adorable, as always!!! I'm not understanding how the six petal flower cutter can be turned into a frog though
: /

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails