6.30.2012

Played it safe...

...well sort of, anyway.

Remember my little bargain headboard that I picked up at Goodwill:


Remember what I paid for it?


I do have to confess that when it came time to refinish it, I did find a minor flaw in the piece.  I didn't think to take a picture but it was easily "fixed" by rebuilding a small corner using wood putty...trust me, you would never even notice it now!

Oh, and by "safe", I mean that I painted it white.  I know, you are thinking bor-ring!  But au contraire, my friends...I did not leave it just plain white...I gave it a little shabby style.  How do you like it now:


First thing I did was add the middle wood ornament that I picked up at Lowe's for $3.  I then gave it a couple of coats of Annie Sloan "Pure White" that I already had.  Next, I did a little sanding, and even though I loved it, I decided to kick it up a notch and give her a little more flair.  I purchased this vintage hotel image from an ETSY store called Graphique...they have some AMAZING images and they are only $1 each!  For a free source (and also amazing), I recommend The Graphics Fairy).  Using the "burnishing" technique, I applied it to the headboard.  I did not created this technique, but I love how it works...if you haven't seen the directions before, let me know and I will hunt you down the tutorial!

I finished it off with a good coat of wax and VOILA!  I could totally see this in a girl's room or even a guestroom....makes me wish I had one more guestroom to re-do!


So, whatcha' think?!  Love to hear your thoughts!!

Linking this post to:

My Repurposed Life
Frugalicious Friday
Miss Mustard Seed
Primitive and Proper
Restore Interiors
Shades of Amber





There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies! Photobucket
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails