4.22.2013

Life's a beach!

Well...in this case, the "beach" is transformed into a cookie!

After seeing the Montreal Confection's (aka, Marilyn) tutorial on her beach scene cookies, I became obsessed with trying them myself.  If was fun to see them evolve with each step I took to recreate the look of the the sand and water coming together to meet.

Of course, the beach would not be complete without a few other sea creatures to go with.  Here is what I came up with:


It was my first time making Marshmallow Fondant, which is what I used for the seashells on the "beach".  I purchased this mold from First Impressions, but I have to admit, it was a bit of a challenge.  I think my fondant was a touch too sticky because I did struggle a little getting the shapes out of the mold.  It was worth the effort though...I love how they look on the cookie!

Whatcha' think?  Wouldn't these be fun for a beach themed wedding or party?!

Thanks Marilyn, for sharing your awesome tutorial!







Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa Moore said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You truly are AMAZING mom!!! These are definitely a new favorite, so stinkin' cute!

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The beach cookies absolutely make me SWOON!! Swoon is not even a word I use, that's how much I LOVE them!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails