9.26.2010

Are you ready....

for some football?! I know that I am!! Most people love to see fall for things like the changing of the leaves, the smell in the air and cooler temps...but for me it's all about the pigskin! I love those AZ Cardinals but last week they got their asses butts kicked...I decided to show a little more support by baking up some cookies.



Am I really pleased at how these turned out? NOT so much. You see, I do not have a cookie cutter for these, so I made a template and hand cut them out. Problem is, these babies are HUGE, a meal in themselves, really. I did not allow enough for them baking "up" as I like to say. Whenever I ice large cookies, even though they look fine when I get done...they always seem to look "wrinkled" when they completely dry. Note to self: New template printed much smaller!

Anyhoo, got a huge order to work on today and I will be doing so while watching the game. Have a great day!


ETA...it worked, they WON! It wasn't pretty, but they did win!

This post linked to:










There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

4 comments:

Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look AWESOME! I'll tell my husband to thank you for the win yesterday.

Glad to find another Phoenix (East Valley even) blogger! I'm so ready for fall temps, 106 is ridiculous at the end of September. :)

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Another EV blogger here (Gilbert)! =) GO CARDINALS! The cookies look great. I've been wanting to tackle this type of cookie for a while, but I think these might be a little advanced for me... thanks for sharing!

PS - new follower here - found you on MBY Mondays.

Crafty Like Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Go Cards!!! Yay for Arizona bloggers, I am in North Phoenix/Glendale myself. These turned out great but they do look HUGE!

rickimoo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yippee another Arizona crafter. I too am in the east valley. (Mesa). Go cards! Your cookies look yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails