12.28.2010

Super easy Breakfast Pull-A-Part!

So, if you stopped by yesterday (and shame on you if you didn't) I promised to share a "yummy" that I make every year for Christmas morning. I get up early so it is nice and warm for everyone to eat prior to opening gifts (I make baked breakfast omelets for after...also SUPER easy).

I can turn these:



into to something so good, no one can resist. And the best part...other than the frozen rolls, you probably have the ingredients in your pantry!

The technical name is Breakfast Pullapart, which is also known to a lot of people as "Monkey Bread". I always take my rolls out the night before and follow the instructions on the package for thawing. I find that if you put the pan in cold oven, it warms them up just enough to rise overnight.

These is a slight disclaimer to the following recipe. I probably use at least twice the amount called for of each ingredient. The more butter, cinnamon and sugar, the gooier....'nuff said.

Having said that, here is the recipe:

1 cup chopped Pecans (or any nut of your choice)
2/3 cup sugar
2-3 tsp. Cinnamon
1- 1 lb. Loaf Frozen Bread Dough, thawed (I use the rolls)
1/4 cup. plus 2 TBS. butter or margarine, melted

Sprinkle pecans evenly in the bottom of a sprayed pan. Set aside. Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Dip small pieces of bread (I take one roll and split it in two) and dip in butter, then cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place close in pan. Cover and let rise again for approximately one hour. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Immediately invert on plate.

This is what it should look like:





A few tips. I baked this one in a bundt pan and I made a couple of layers of the rolls. It will take a little longer to bake, so just test with a toothpick to insure doneness. I made a second one in 9 x 13 pan that works (and looks) great too. Make sure that you invert right away!

Enjoy!

This post linked to:

linkparty









There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

2 comments:

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yum. Never thought about using rolls. I make mine using about the same ingredients only I use can biscuits.

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How in the world do you and your girls stay so THIN eating stuff like this? And the cookies too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails