8.03.2011

Are you "Pinterested"?

If you are asking yourself if I made a typo in my title, you are definitely, NOT Pinterested.  I was introduced to Pinterest about 6 months ago by my good buddy, Karolyn...and I will be honest, I just did not "get it" so after signing up and checking it out once, I never went back.  Now fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, when I was "reintroduced" by my daughters...they talked me into giving it another try...and I have been obsessed ever since!  I even opened a "Twitter" account (although you can join with Facebook, as well.  I don't even know how to explain it, except to tell you that if you decide to give it a go...you will probably spend every "spare" (and I use that term loosely) waking moment on Pinterest.  In a nutshell, it is an "idea board"...everything from soup to nuts, literally!  You create "boards" of your own personal interests and collect them via the internet...brilliance at it's best.

Okay, so where am I going with this?  This past Monday night was the The Bachlorette finale (thank God...I think this is the dumbest show, ever!)  Anyhoo, it was my house guest's (a.k.a., my daughter) night to host dinner for her friends that watch the show together.  She made the Chop Chop Salad (to die for) and I helped her out by making the bread and dessert...enter Pinterest.  On my "Sounds Delish" board, I have been accumulating different food items that I want to try.  That is where I found this:

(Photo courtesy of Plain Chicken)


It is called Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls or as the creator likes to refer to it "Crack Bread"...I am sure that is because it is somewhat addicting!  Also, I can see from her picture (I forgot to take a pic of mine before we inhaled it) that I could have added MORE cheese and bacon.  Anyhoo, I think all that ate it would give it a big thumbs up!

Then, for dessert we had Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries or what I would like to rename "Little Bites of Heaven".  They were simple, yet just hit the spot !  I had to revise the recipe somewhat because it called for Graham Cracker crumbs and the ones that I had were not any good so I improvised and used crushed, un-iced sugar cookies instead...worked great in a pinch!  What do you think?  Look good enough to eat?



So long story short...if you haven't Pinterested...you must give it a try!  I hope the girls enjoyed their dinner!

Last but not least, a few cookies that I made the other day.  It was one of Kelli's bff's daughter's (wow, that was a mouthful) 1st birthday and she wanted me to make a few cookies to stick in the gift box.  Hmmmm, what to make?!  You can't really go wrong with Hello Kitty, now right?







Hope Gracie had a great 1st birthday!

I have baby cookies to make by Friday and I hope to have my table project done so that I can share it as well.  Till then...Happy Baking!

 


There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

4 comments:

Kerry said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gracie did have a great first birthday and we LOVED the cookies. Not gonna lie, they were most enjoyed by Tye and me...but Gracie got a good nibble, too. :)

Papel Scissors said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow...the crack bread and the stuffed strawberries look sooooo yummo!

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I too checked out Pinterest but didn't get it. Maybe I will give it another try. Yep, I agree - The Bachlorette has to be one of THE dumbest shows. Oh how I wish I could cook...your "sounds delish" goodies look so yummy. Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

a.) bread bacon and cheese - YES!
b.) try crushed pecans on your cheesecake strawberries - they keep their crunch like a crust
c.) HELLO KITTY RULES FOREVER! :)

Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails