8.08.2012

Absolutely Fabulous!

I won't lie...when I first saw this little rocker at Savers it took me a while to decide if I should buy it. If I am buying a piece for me or someone in my family, price is less of an issue...I mean, don't get me wrong, I still want a good deal, but if it is a piece that I feel we "need" or just can't live without, I will usually pay the price.

This little rocker was not going to stay in the family.  Now, I know what you are thinking...I have not one, but two little granddaughters, but can I just tell you that not only does Melissa already have another rocker that I redid, but I really don't think one more piece of furniture will fit in their room.

So, I had to think it through before bucking up and paying the $9.99 for this little thing:


Since I was by myself, I sent a quick pic to Melissa to get her opinion...when in  doubt, I usually always check it out with one daughter or the other!  Tell me again how we lived without cell phones!

Anyhoo, it was overall good shape and very sturdy.  I did have to use some wood filler on the actual rocker pieces on the bottom...it looked as though a dog might have chewed on them a bit.  Easy fix!  Here is what she looks like today:

I used Annie Sloan Old White paint and added the cute little image that I purchased from Graphique, the same way that I did Polly's cabinet doors and the twin headboard.









So whatcha' think?  Turned out kind of cute, huh?

On another note...my family says it has been forever since I have made cookies...so I may have to whip some up just for the heck of it.  Maybe try out some of my new cutters!

Till then...

This post linked to:

Restore Interiors 
My Repurposed Life
Finding Fabulous 






There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies! Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cute, cute chair! :) great job Terri.
I spent $10 on a bed yesterday and had to think that one over. lol

you better get busy baking!

gail

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The before looks almost exactly like my childhood rocker which is upstairs in the library. I have the matching Mom one now, as well. Grandmother bought my Mom and I matching mother daughter rockers when my Mom was expecting me. Now THAT is some vintage furniture ;)

Nice job, Terri! I love your new graphiquies :)

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow great find! And I would love for my family to ask me to bake, usually I have to give everything away!

Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cute, cute chair! :) great job Terri. I spent $10 on a bed yesterday and had to think that one over. lol you better get busy baking! gail

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails