12.03.2010

Candy Cane anyone?

EDITED TO ADD: I will gladly answer any and all questions about my cookies, but please use the "Contact Me" link in the sidebar...occasionally I am asked a question in a comment, but have no way to get back to you if you don't have an email listed on your bio. Thanks!

I am nothing if I am not the proudest Nana around. Taylor (who is only 2 1/2) will performing in her first ever dance program next week and I just couldn't wait to show you a sneak peek of what she will be wearing. How stinkin' cute is this costume? Taylor is quite tall for her age...a head taller than most in her class, so she will undoubtedly stand out! Of course, in this costume who wouldn't, right?




Okay...Nana bragging moment over!

So now how about some cookies...which is what I am sure you came for in the first place. This is a cookie bouquet that I completed yesterday. It will be used in a raffle to help raise money for a fellow employee at Qwest. As usual, I almost forgot to take the picture so the first one has the bag all around the bottom. For the first time I used one of those "heat sealed" bags that you shrink with a blow dryer (great deal at the Dollar Tree). I was a little worried it might melt the cookies so I just kept the dryer moving quite a bit. Worked like a charm...these bouquets can get a bit wobbly, but I feel this really helped secure the cookies. Hope it helps to raise a lot of money!






I am now working on assorted "pirate" cookies for Thomas' 5th birthday on Saturday...arrrgghhhhhh!

Happy Baking!

This post linked to:









There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love cookies, these are just adorable.

maroon58 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

looks great! i have a question, what kind of frosting do you use? i am trying to find one that is not too thick or too thin. i love your blog and tried the cookie recipe yesterday and they are delicious!

gail@My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Taylor is adorable!
the cookies look great. I had no idea you could buy the shrink wrap at $$$tree.
thanks for linking up and linking back to me.
gail

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Again, things just get cuter and cuter... she is absolutely adorable!

Glad you brought that up about questions. I still am not really sure how to respond to some of my comments on my blog. I used to add my own comment and then realized some people don't go back and read them. If I have their e-mail I send them a quick note to thank them for commenting. What IS the best way?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails