10.27.2011

Cookies and Witches and Vampires...oh my!

Well, Halloween is just around the corner so I thought I better get these costumes posted before it came and went! You know I loves me some Halloween and of course I love my grand kids even more, so it is for those reasons that I agree to make them costumes. During the process, I usually second guess that decision at LEAST once.

Thankfully, both of these pretty much went off without a hitch. Taylor is going to be a witch...


She says a "good" witch...we are not so sure.  My favorite part is the sleeves...how cute is this fabric:


Can I just say that she was really not all that excited about her costume...of course because Nana sewed it, that made it special, but in all honesty, I am sure she would have rather been a princess!  We've discussed the fact their Mom is always going to pick their costumes, right?  Anyhoo...

My Thomas on the other hand is completely different!   Everything excites that kid...no matter what you throw at him, he is pleased as punch.  So for my little "Count":


Of course the rest of the ensemble was courtesy of the Goodwill and Saver's...but he will have the coolest cape EVER (there is also a cummerbund that I forgot to put in the picture).  He loved it!

So whatch'a think?

And because Kelli clearly WASN'T listening when I told her I would not be sewing a costume for her at the last minute...I will be turning this into something later on today.  In her defense, last minute to her is 1 hour before the party...so of course I still have 48 hours, no problem!


And last but not least, how about some cookies?  We decided to make Halloween "mini's" for the kids party on Sunday...this was a little test run. 


Fear not...they did not go to waste...Kelli took them to her pumpkin carving party last Saturday!

Well, that's it for me folks...I have more cookies to bake and a costume to make!  

Till next time...




There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

terr, those costumes are so cool, you did a beautiful job on them. i'm sure you will be showing us pictures of them wearing them. be sure and show us kells too.love the pictures!!!!!
love you guys

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dude, these costumes are freakin' amazing!! Your grandkids are so lucky to have such a talented Nana. And those cookies are too cute for words - love the little mini size, although I doubt that would stop me from eating three times as many. It's gonna suck when I'm on my diet! LOL Had such a fun day with you on Monday. Looking forward to our next "junkin' day"!! P.S. You either need to stop being so talented, or learn to say no to Kelli . . . she's so cute though, I'm sure it's hard to tell her no to much of anything. LOL

FlyAwayHome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And you say you can't sew....these are wonderful. Come on, join me for the "So you think you can sew" competition.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails