12.12.2011

Back by popular demand....

(well, I like to think so, anyway) my Second Annual Christmas Cookie Decorating Party!

I was working like a mad woman one of Santa's little elves yesterday baking up all the cookies that the girls will be decorating tonight! Add to that, Appetizers, Sangria, Hot Apple Cider (with a little kick), Secret Santa gifts, Goodie Bags, your favorite Christmas attire (yep, most "festive" wins a prize!), a little Christmas music and you have yourselves a PARTY!

A few last minute details today and I am ready! Hopefully I will remember to take a few more pictures this time...if so, watch for those in the next few days!

Till then, how about some cookies that are already decorated?

My good buddy, Karolyn, wanted to take cookies to some of her friends so I suggested gift boxes.  She decided on snowflakes and I thought it would be nice to change it up a bit and not make them all the same...we went traditional and "not so" traditional...







Whatch'a think?  I still think my favorites are the white, blue and red combination...what do you think?

Got stuff to do...see you in a few!  Till then...Happy Baking!



There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Photobucket

3 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahaha happy baking? me? bake? I make cookies from a pouch mix! :(

lovely cookies! Can't wait to see the newest ones!
gail

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy shiz!! You are working like a mad woman!! I know every detail will be perfect and that all of us will have a blast - thank you for all the loving detail and hard work you put into tonight. I can't wait to be a part of it!! The cookies were a GINORMOUS hit at the party - everyone oooohhed and ahhhhhed over them. We had one box left over (I counted wrong - duh! LOL), so Garry picked your faves (the turquoise, white and red). He's been a happy boy ever since he opened that box of delicious sugar cookie goodness . . . too bad I can't eat any. Ugh!! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making those cookies for me, especially in light of all that you've had going on. You're one in a million friend, that's for sure!!

tararebeka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Terri,

Thanks again for a perfectly lovely evening. Not to be overly dramatic, but I feel totally empowered to do our family cookies this year.

Please post your new recipe for icing if you get a chance. After fondling my cookies the next day ('cause damn, it was like picking a least favorite child to eat one), I noticed that it set up beautifully. The older recipe had more of a dull gloss, so I'm guessing that there's no shortening? Whatever you changed, it's rock hard and doesn't taste like crap, so kudos to you, woman!

Thank you again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails