10.04.2011

Be-Witched!

So, remember that little sneak peek a while back (I think one person guessed correctly)? Finally done! It's taken me longer than expected and not because it was exceptionally hard, but it did turn out to be a little more time consuming than I thought it would be.

First I will show you my inspiration. A month or two ago while perusing Pinterest (btw, are YOU Pinterested yet...you should be!) I found this super cute Halloween door decoration. I followed the links and found out that it was for sale on ETSY, but sadly it was over $300...cute, but not going to happen for something that was going to be on display 1 month out of the year! So, I did what anyone else with a little creativity and a tight pocketbook would do...I decided to make my own. Now, please keep in mind this was only my inspiration, and although I would have loved for mine to turn out just like this one, but let's be real, that rarely ever works out. Anyhoo, this is the original version:


SUPER cute, don't ya think?  I can't even imagine how she gets all these items on one little wreath...I am thinking a truckload of hot glue!  No wonder she can charge $300+.  Now, as I said, mine looks nothing like this, but I am pretty pleased at how it turned out. Sorry, I don't have the proper lens to get a closeup like she was able to do.







Believe it or not, this is three rolls of Tulle (75 yards in all)...I seriously thought this process was never going to be done.  Underneath all that tulle is a straw wreath...which, IF I were to ever do it again (which I am not planning on doing)  I may have to rethink that part.  I cut the tulle in approximate 6 inches squares and using a bone folder (don't ask me why I chose that, it was the most handy tool at the time of construction), I poked each piece into the wreath (dipping the point in tacky glue before inserting in the wreath).  This seemed to take FOR-EV-ER, and was definitely most time consuming for the whole project.

For the legs I just purchased some cute Halloween fabric and sewed long strips...stuffed them with fiberfill and inserted a piece of wire so that I could shape her legs.  I found a template for her boots online and made them out of felt...then glued on the "faux" laces that I made out of ribbon.

After that process was all done, it was a matter of poking various crap items in.  I cut up a cheap feather boa that I purchased at Hob Lob.  How about that hat?  I purchased that from HL as well, it was meant to be because I didn't see another one like it anywhere on the shelf...I added the feather for a little sass!  My entry way door is a 10-foot door, so this is a pretty good size wreath, I don't know that you would want it any smaller, however.

The plan was to keep an accurate account for all that I spent on this project...but that rarely works out for me either.  I am not organized enough to plan ahead and pick up all my supplies first but I would say that I don't have more than $30 in the whole thing.  Not bad, overall!

Here are a few closeups:








So, whatcha' think?

I have lots more to share this week...I am currently "spookifying" my fireplace, something I have never done in the past.  Remember that mirror I showed you a while back...it's working perfectly!  I also have my latest "find" from the Salvation Army...I am SUPER excited about this one!

Till then...Happy "Making"!

This post linked to:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Centsational Girl
Under the Table and Dreaming





There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

5 comments:

MG said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH

My

GOODness!!!!

Soooo worth the wait! Love, love, love!!

Makes me want to leave right this minute and run out for supplies!

MJ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love it! My favourite part are the shoes, they are just perfect :)

gail@My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your wreath! Oh my, that's a lot of tulle! super job!
gail

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love it! The shoes are awesome. You did a great job!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HO-LEE SHIZ!!! That is friggin' amazing!! I think I guessed that it was a new tutu for Taylor - man, was I ever wrong! LOL Those witch legs/shoes and hat are UTTER PERFECTION!! You once again have blown my mind with your creative brilliance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails