7.25.2013

An easy build!

A while back I built this wood table top to use when taking photos of my cookies.  I was inspired by this tutorial by Mike at Semi Sweet Designs.  Who I might add, is an amazing cookie decorator...so creative!

In all honesty, his version was made with better wood...but we all know that better wood is more money...and if you have been around here long, you probably know that if I can find a way to build it cheaper, that's the way it is going to happen.  Anyhoo, using the same boards that I have used for several projects (fence boards that come in two different widths at Lowes or Home Depot...cost $1.50-$2.50 each) I built my version.  This is what I came up with:


I actually made two...I also did this color as seen with my beach cookies:


So technically, the story could end there...but it doesn't!

I actually made these a little too small, so I ended up building another, slightly bigger than the first two.  So these of course, were just sort of taking up space in my craft room...what's a girl to do?!

Then I remembered that Kelli had "pinned" this cute little key/sunglasses holder on Pinterest. 

 Photo via Pinterest

I made a trip to Home Depot for the remaining parts needed and VOILA!

Here is my version:


Overall, this was a pretty cheap project...the pipe straps (on top) were only $2 for about ten of them.  The hooks were $3.28 each...I was thinking of painting them an Oil Rubbed Bronze, but ended up leaving them as is.  Yes, the boards were already assembled, but even if they had not been, this would have only taken about 1/2 hour to throw together...as it was, it took me about 10 minutes!


Not bad for a project that was only a little over $10!  Of course this is already at Kelli's house...I wish I had a place to hang one, but I really don't have the perfect spot!

Now...wasn't that EASY?

Till next time...

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh - this is such a great idea!! I'm going to have to stalk Kelli's Pinterest boards more often because I just love this idea!! And you've turned craft room clutter into shear brilliance. But I'm not surprised . . . I pretty much think you're a genius at EVERYTHING you do!! Missing you so much - is it the end of September yet?!! XOXO

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love things that make my life less cluttered! The sunglasses hooks are brilliant!!

My Repurposed Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

great project Terri! :)

On the lighter boards did you use the weathered gray color by minwax?

gail

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails